This badges is issued for researching, thinking and imagining futures of Cities of Learning. According to futurists, the 10 years ahead is a good timescale to think about the future. This period is optimal - enough long for substantial transformations to happen and not too long to still be able to have an idea of what may happen.
Owners of this badge demonstrate ability of thinking and imagining the futures of their city or region in the 10 years time scale with a focus on:
- How will young people be learning in your city or region?
- How will they engage as citizens?
- How will they build their careers?
When completing this exersise, people applied one or more research activities:
- Searched for publicly available videos, visual images, articles, podcasts where people communicate about the future of their city or region.
- Found people and organisations who share about the future, especially about their city or region. Started following them on social media and professional networks (such as LinkedIn).
- Looked for some visionary documents, studies and concept papers which present the future of their city or region.