The following activity was created for the purpose of a seminar on the topic of YOUTH WORK IN LJUBLJANA
- A CITY OF LEARNING -
The seminar was lead by Katarina Gorenc, Head of Youth Office, City of Ljubljana and Urška Česnik from TiPovej!, Institute for creative society, during the 10th Intercity conference that took place in Ljubljana between 27th and 29th of June 2022.
- In the first part of the seminar, Katarin Gorenc presented the process of increased support for youth work activities with the adoption of the Youth Strategy in the City of Ljubljana. This includes, among other things, the establishment of a Network of Youth Centres and a more systematic, evidence-based approach to quality development. The next goal of the city’s Youth Office is to increase the visibility and recognition of youth work as an important element for young people’s personal and social development.
- Later on Urška Česnik presented the common project her youth organisation and the city of Ljubljana collaborate on - initiative Ljubljana city of learning, based on interactive learning platform and extensive work with young people from Ljubljana 8and those living, studying and working in Ljubljana). Cities of Learning are interactive platforms that show different learning opportunities in the city, collecting them into learning playlists and using digital learning badges as a tool for recognition of non-formal learning. At its core is the belief that every young person deserves an opportunity to develop the competencies of the 21st century.
AIM OF THE SEMINAR:
- To provide example of good practice linked to young people’s participation on the local level
- To provide example of co-creation of local and international (youth) communities
- To inspire other cities to join the initiative
- To give a concrete experience of using the city of learning platform
Miklošičeva cesta 1, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia