Get ready to learn how the economy works!
During this training session you will look at the national economy, gross social and gross national product, business activity and economic growth, money and monetary value, the budget and fiscal policy.
This training session will help you to understand:
- The term Gross Domestic Product to the country and what it is used for.
- National Income and how it is distributed.
- That the economy does not grow evenly and what the term economic cycle means and what possibilities the State has to influence the course of the economic cycle.
Complete the following activities:
- Discuss with others national GDP growth and reasons for economic growth.
- Learn what is investments and innovations.
- Form a team to work together. Discuss in the team “How does productivity increase?”. Imagine that you are entrepreneurs asking the government for measures to increase productivity.
- Learn what the Economic Cycle is and what are the reasons for it.
- Discuss with others Business Cycle Policy and its instruments.
- Learn about Economic Indicators (early, current and late).
- Complete the test exercises from the Learners manual (page 36).
This activity includes best practices of WKO (Austrian Federal Economic Chamber) provided for the project DARE - Day One Alliance for Employment that is funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA and Norway Grants Fund for Youth Employment.