21st century skills competence frameworks and assessment -
Arrival day Monday 8 May 2023
Study visit days: 9, 10, 11 and 12 May 2023
Departure day 13 May 2023
We are thrilled to be hosting the study visit exchange of perspectives on competence frameworks and assessment of the 21st century skills in adult education programmes, taking place in the city of Lisbon, Portugal.
This Study Visit is part of the project 21st century skills recognition for adults in Cities of Learning.
We refer in this project to 21st century skills, which we see as a broad set of knowledge, skills, work habits and character qualities for people in ensuring well-being, civic engagement and employment. This set of skills also includes digital skills and literacies necessary to harness digital transformation.
It will be a 4 days (+travel days) study visit for staff members of the partner organisations. The topic of the visit will be an exchange of perspectives on competence frameworks and 360° assessment of 21st century skills in adult education programmes. It is important to note that we will approach assessment in adult education by focusing on a combination of self-assessment, peer review and assessment provided by the staff of education programmes.
You will have the chance to meet organisations from Belgium, The Netherlands, Portugal, Curacao, and Lithuania. We will use the Cities of Learning platform and digital Open Badges to recognise 21st-century skills.
The study visit will take place in Lisbon, Portugal. The hosting partners will take care of the organisational and logistic aspects of the study visit.
- Test the self-assessment functionality on the the platform and fill-in the feedback form
- If you are available, take part in the webinar on self-assessment on the 4th May 13.00-14.00 CEST Brussels time. Register to participate: https://bit.ly/CoLcom040523
- Watch good practices in the field of competence assessment:
What do we want to achieve
- To exchange 21st century skills frameworks and assessment systems used in participating countries, with special focus on practices in Portugal and Lisbon.
- To identify specific needs and opportunities to use competence frameworks to assess 21st century skills in adult education programmes implemented by partners.
- To share tools, methods and activities that support adult learners in assessing their skills, especially supporting participants with disadvantaged backgrounds and fewer opportunities.
- To learn how to use tools to work with competence frameworks and assessment using Cities of Learning platform.
- To strengthen networking between staff members of the partner organisations.
- staff from partner organisations who will support locally to assure a qualitative implementation of the project.
- Local organisations cooperating or having the wish to start cooperating with partner organisation(s) and Cities of Learning.
We will stay from 8 till 13 May 2023 in 3k Barcelona Hotel in Lisbon. The Erasmus+ budget is based on having two people sharing a room, with single beds. It is possible to have a single room but when you choose this there will be additional costs of about €125 per night.
This Study Visit is co-financed by Erasmus+ and therefore hosting and travel is co-financed by Erasmus+. We will reimburse travel costs based on real expenses and Erasmus+ distance band. Travel costs based on the real costs, not exceeding the following limits per person taking into account distance band values:
Lithuania (3124 km distance) - 275 Eur;
Netherlands (2163 km distance) - 275 Eur;
Belgium (1967 km distance) - 275 Eur;
Portugal - 20 Eur for distance band 10-99 km
Curacao - 820 Eur.
Useful resources on Cities of Learning
Explore the following online resources on Cities of Learning:
Study Visit hosting coordinator:
Study Visit facilitators:
Organisers and partners:
CODEC vzw - Belgium
Badgecraft Ireland Limited - Ireland
Ministry of Education, Science, Culture & Sport - Curacao
Lisbon City Council - Portugal
Samen Leven vzw - Belgium
LAC vzw (Loopbaanadvies- en arbeidsmarkt centrum) - Belgium
Breakthrough - The Netherlands
Skills-Connect - The Netherlands
This project is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the Erupean Union