Today, young people - perhaps like you - have a broad view of life. You know the world of work is changing fast. Digital transformations, automation, climate change, remote work and the gig economy are changing the world of work and have an impact on our personal and civic life (explore more megatrends). A lifelong career no longer looks natural and attractive because life is full of choices and opportunities.
You can also choose from a variety of learning paths that stretch beyond school. Your phone connects you with educators and mentors, learning opportunities and communities around the planet. You can join these opportunities for five minutes or five days and start another of your learning adventures or another work project.
- How can you take advantage of all this?
- How will you build your work and learning path to the skills and income you need to achieve your life goals?
- How will your chosen learning, career and civic path prepare you for a future that can offer anything?
Now, young people around the world are developing new, experiential learning, career and civic paths. They are innovators of their future.
The Institute for the Future has interviewed 60 young people in 6 cities worldwide and created 9 future personas that embody these people’s stories.
Now is your time!
Meet these people from the future. Discover what skills, strategies and learning resources enable these people to be successful in the future. Get inspiration from their stories and build your personal learning and career path - wide enough for everything you want to do and achieve.
To test your readiness for the future and develop the necessary skills strategically, do the following:
- assess how much your characteristics and behaviour patterns coincide with the prototypes of lead learners;
- name the future skills that seem most important to you;
- choose people who inspire you from the future;
- compare your skillset with personas from the future, look into strategies and resources used to build learning, civic and career pathways;
- name your growth strategy as future innovators.
Complete all the activities offered in this learning playlist. Upload your results and thoughts on future skills to collect activity badges. Unlock the top-level badge in this playlist. Check the endorsement section of this badge to learn what you can unlock by presenting this badge to the Network of Cities of Learning partners.
Watch this video and thin which purposeful pathway you want to take in the future.
Source: TEDx Talks
The Network of Cities of Learning offers this learning pathway within the capacity-building project ‘Youth co-design learning, civic and career pathways’. We are grateful to the EU’s Erasmus+ Programme for co-funding support for this project.
Activities to complete
Complete the following activities, earn badges and you will see your playlist progress updated