Welcome to the Emotional Intelligence (EQ) playlist.
Here you will learn what emotional intelligence is and will get familiar with its core parts.
To start with, Emotional Intelligence (otherwise known as emotional quotient or EQ) is the ability to understand, use, and manage your own emotions in positive ways to relieve stress, communicate effectively, empathize with others, overcome challenges and defuse conflict. EQ gained popularity in the 1995 best-selling book "Emotional Intelligence", written by science journalist Daniel Goleman.
Daniel Goleman presented a mixed model that represented EQ as a wide array of competencies and skills that drive leadership performance. These are the following:
- Self-awareness – the ability to know one's emotions, strengths, weaknesses, drives, values, and goals and recognize their impact on others while using gut feelings to guide decisions.
- Emotion regulation – involves controlling or redirecting one's disruptive emotions and impulses and adapting to changing circumstances.
- Self-motivation – being aware of what motivates them.
- Empathy – considering other people's feelings especially when making decisions.
- Social skills – managing relationships to get along with others.
By completing the five tasks you will learn about each of the core skills, while the worksheets will help you to reflect on the knowledge received.
And the most exciting part - you will receive the EQ Master badge proving your skills in this exciting field!
Wanna learn about yourself before diving into the knowledge sea?
Photo credits: superoffice.com
Activities to complete
Complete the following activities, earn badges and you will see your playlist progress updated